gump-general mailing list archives

From "MOA3333" <moa3...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Summer code (google)
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:47:58 GMT
Ok, i will use python and a tool for parsing rdf (choice #3).

DOAF is new, but there seem to be some documentation, so i think it will
be ok. Concerning my python undestand, i finished a book describing the
main sytax, witch is simple. I read it carefully, almost each page. I
already made programs in Pascal, BASIC, OCAML (maybe lisp, but forgot
it),  C, C++,  Java. And i have some more or less knoledge of databases,
XML, Perl and maybe others.

Most of this i did not learned them at school (only a few). But of
course, since i am only a student, i am not an expert in no one of
those. Since Python is simple, i don't think that after reding a book i
have any problem with the syntax. The only problem is that i know
nothing about the main libraries used in python, but the syntax is ok...
I will sue the doccumentation for the main libraries, if i ever nead
them.

I am making a request on google, and after i am accepted, i will start
(untill then i will just look around the web to learn). When i start i
must know what repository to use, and also other technical details, and
maybe in July i should know how much should i do, since this is a
project that may be big.

So, for now, i understand i am the first person who want to help gump,
am i?  Anyway, see you after google accepts me. In the meantime i will
respond to any email from google or gump in max 4-5 days (because i will
travel little this month) but usualy in one day.

PS: Its nice, DOAF a french page also! I speak french and romanian as my
native languages, but also a "some" english...