gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@mric.coop>
Subject Mutliple gump workspaces on VMs
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:43:31 GMT
It doesn't look like vmgump has disk space for more than one Gump. When I
asked #asfinfra about it they said "ask leo, I believe that the intent was
to have separate VMs, but I'm not sure." So, here I am (in line after Dim's
question yesterday :-).

Thinking about this, what are the pros/cons? Why would we want to maintain
multiple operating systems (and disk copies of operating systems) to segment
these workspaces? Just to keep the compilers separate, and stop bleed? So
much is shared (http/cvs/svn/Maven, etc. etc.) that I wonder if this is
worth it, but it might be.

What are folks thoughts?

regards

Adam

BTW: I'm about to add a JIRA entry to restore Kaffe, and others.