gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@mric.coop>
Subject Gump notifications ... are they getting through?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:37:54 GMT
I am frustrated trying to debug vmgump, and e-mail notifications. I just
don't know if they are getting through, or not. Heck, for the longest time I
didn't know if they were being sent, and I'm still not sure. Rather than me
subscribe to a gazzillion mailing lists I keep wondering if Gump ought CC
itself, or something. That said, it'd not tell me if folks weren't
moderating in the mails, or if some spam filter was removing them.

For example, I just did this check and I see no notifications going to AXIS
and found none [1], although they ought [2].

[1]    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&w=2&r=1&s=gump&q=b
[2]    http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ws-axis/ws-axis/index.html

Something seems wrong with this whole area. We need a way to monitor if Gump
is speaking to folks and (since it does so, hopefully, infrequently) monitor
the success. Any thoughts?

BTW: I'd like to re-write this in Gump3 (although I don't know quite how).
Part of my thinking about moving to JIRA was to make it 'SEP' (somebody else
problem, i.e. leverage their known working/monitored solution.)

regards,

Adam