gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-bsf.xml jakarta-ecs.xml jakarta-hivemind.xml
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:46:24 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-bsf.xml jakarta-ecs.xml
jakarta-hivemind.xml

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Lock files? As in SVN lock, or Gump lock???
>
> Both kinds.  Gump written locks for svn updates as well as gump.lock.

Gak, so much for reading mail backwards (in amongst all the DOWN messages.)
Sorry.

Hmm, what has been bugging me is that Gump was running fine/stable on
Brutus, so I don't understand why it is dying/hanging on VmGump. No code has
changed in this area, if any at all. I was kinda hoping it was OS file locks
or something, something that might explain a hang in this environment. I
suspect it has to be some OS resource, so reducing the number of threads
seems to be the first step. I'll edit it.

regards

Adam