gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump runs stopped?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:56:57 GMT
> Me too. I can't think of a good reason why it ought hang, and I couldn't
> find a cause when I last saw a hang (just before). I fear this might be
> happening every time.

Ok, the what-is-becoming usual, i.e. circular dependency in the metadata
(dom4j/jaxen, I believe). Clearly given the complexities of project
interactions (and circular dependencies in the real OSS world, not just Gump
metadata) this is something Gump needs to handle a lot nicer. I've promoted
my checks for that (and tested/fixed them for this case) and hope we stay a
little healthier w.r.t metadata errors.

Gump3 is a little cleaner w.r.t these issues, but since it is nowhere near
ready for prime time, that is somewhat moot. That, and we really need a
simply tool for validating metadata, so we don't have to debug/guess when
Gump runs fail.

Anyway, there is a new run going, hopefully it'll keep going this week (as I
head off for a long weekend camping at the Great Sand Dunes, Colorado's
"beach".)

regards,

Adam

P.S. This (clearly) was nothing to do with the VmGump move, it is just
coincidental timing.