gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comparing vmgump with brutus, offloading services to loki...
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 13:04:26 GMT
On Wed, 04 May 2005, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:

> A preliminary conclusion seems to be that gump-on-vmware performance
> is quite acceptable.

Cool.

> clearly, disk space management on brutus could be a little tighter,

Are you "publishing" jars in the VmGump instance?  They can eat a good
bit of disk space.

> And the recommended setup is something like this:
>
>   * dual 3+ GHz CPU
>   * 4GB ram
>   * 100GB of fast disk (I'm guessing esp. access time matters)
>   * internal gigabit connection to cvs and svn server
>
> on which you could comfortably run all our profiles on top of vmware
> and have some room for growth.

More disk wouldn't hurt either (I want Mustang nightly and IKVM.NET
builds ;-).

> Gump on Dual G5 setup
> Gump3 anyone? :-)

Maqybe you want to play on moof first?  It is available right now.

> What do you guys think? Comments?

All sounds fine.  I agree with your list of Gump requirements as well
as where we might be able to scale down.

Stefan