gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Xerces trouble
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 13:22:45 GMT
I guess this has to be expected - and it will extend beyond Xerces and
to Xalan sooner or later as well.

Without reading xerces-j-dev, I assume the errors of the last builds
(Attributes2 missing) is a sign of Xerces slowly migrating to JAXP
1.3, which means DOM3 and SAX 2.0 with updates (Attributes2 is from
"SAX 2.0 (extensions 1.1 alpha)"[1]).

I'll try to use xml-apis as a requirement for jakarta-regexp, which
not only brings the new SAX classes, but also DOM3 and javax.xml of
JAXP 1.3.  Right now (I can't test it) I fear it won't work since
neither DOM3 nor javax.xml implementations in Xerces are ready yet,
we'll see.

Since I'll be offline for a few days, please keep an eye on it and
start adding xml-apis dependencies if it works.  If not, we may need
to throw in dependencies on jaxp and select sax.jar exclusively.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2.html