gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r170979 - /gump/branches/Gump3/pygump/python/gump/plugins/java/builder.py
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 11:00:21 GMT
On 19-05-2005 20:57, "ajack@apache.org" <ajack@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: ajack
> Date: Thu May 19 11:57:23 2005
> New Revision: 170979

> Log:
> Added $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar to classpath, allowng dist-ant to build. :-)

Man, that sucks badly! It should be more like having something along the
lines of

  <project name="ant">
    <depend project="j2sdk" id="tools"/>
  </project>

Basically this is a "hidden" dependency of all of our java code (since
everything depends on ant) on tools.jar that is pushed down deep into the
gorges of our codebase.

It's really good to see you tackle these things a little bit at a time
because it is really exposing all the problematic things in the gump design
(all of which predate our conversion to python I believe) that we need to
fix.

It would've taken me more than a few days to figure this one out :-)