gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r170825 - in /gump/branches/Gump3: metadata/tsws1.xml pygump/python/gump/plugins/builder.py pygump/python/gump/plugins/java/builder.py tsws1-settings.sh
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 23:28:57 GMT
I wrote:

> 2) Worked on the AntBuilder. Seems closer to providing the needs of the
Ant commandline.
> Still need to add <work> items to the Gump3 model complete the CLASSPATH.
>
> Note: Having 'class not found' issues, but since I'm on Win2K w/ Cygwin
I've no clue how the > CLASSPATH ought look (and it sure looks ugly.) I'd
like to test this on Linux.

Ok, so the issue resolves around <homedir>. Gump3 added to the project
outputs as a directory. I think this was being mixed up with <work>, which
is not an output either, but it is added to the classpath. I added support
for <work> and moved <homedir> to set project.homedir=ResolvablePath(), and
then resolved <outputs> relative to that new root. That seems to match (1)
what ant-bootstrap requires and (2) the docs:

    http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#home
    http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#work

Still, I'm not "comfortable" w/ my implementation, partly 'cos of the age
old (for Gump) problem of knowning what can be relied upon when converting
XML to objects (i.e. what objects/properties are yet set.) Further,
objectifier.py doesn't seem to have access to the work dir. I'm sure that is
by design, but it means I have to 'delay' resolving of things. Seems a tad
awkwards, and I'm not sure I'm in sync with why plugins have workdir, but
core parts don't. Is it to be clean, i.e. model not physical? Anyway, I'm
open to changes on what I've done. If it stands, I'll add some unit tests
'cos I had to remove a few that were absed upon old Homedir. (I'd need to
learn what this does first though,
self.assertRaises(AssertionError,Output,None) 'cos it seems like magic
sprinkled all over the tests.)

Anyway, I now get the (also not unfamiliar) mesages from Ant. At least it is
from Ant. :-) Basically it is 'cos we set the CLASSPATH to those artifacts
we have and (sadly, it seems) we need to prepend tools.jar. I'll work on
that soon, but I'm not sure (1) why Ant can't figure it out [since it seems
it tries to & I thought we had $JAVA_HOME] and (2) if we ought add the
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar hack again, blurgh.

I'm done for the day and going to enjoy some sunset over the snowy
mountains.

F:\data\Python\Gump3-SVN\pygump\work\gump3-test\ant\ant\build.xml:664:
Unable to
 find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

BTW: Where can I see Gump3 runs on vmgump?

regards,

Adam