gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Brutus going down
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 12:53:00 GMT
> Brutus will be going down somewhere today or tomorrow. It will be wiped to
> start hosting Apache's SVN install.

For somebody trying to play catch-up, where are the alternative places to
run a Gump instance? I'd like to be able tinker with a Gump3 on some *nix
type platform, and I could perhaps help a little w/ any Gump2 re-installs.
Thanks in advance for any pointers to wiki pages (and/or ways I can find
where/how I need to log in.)

Also, a random observation. It is interesting that we aren't wanting to save
the database of 'historical information' that we've accumulated (in MySQL,
or DBM). Sure, few really know it is there (given we don't have a
presentation interface into it) but I also wonder at it's value. Is
historical information really important to Gump's contributions, or is it
more in the here an now? That, or if it isn't in a form that
aggregators/index engines can consume, it doesn't fit today's world. I
wonder if there is something in either of these.

regards

Adam