gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml-apis updated
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:32:55 GMT
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@apache.org> wrote:

> Is there a way we could duplicate the Xalan project and have one
> build on 1.2 (that others depend upon) but have another build upon
> 1.3 (for reference as folks migrate?)

Sure, simply create a copy of the module, give them new names
(projects and the module) and change the xml-apis-12 dependency back
to xml-apis.

Same for Xerces which right now tricks Gump using xjavac IIUC.  We'd
have to remove the build.sysclasspath setting there as well.

> BTW: Were the JAXP interface changes really 'necessary
> discontinuities'?

As necessary as the changes to JDBC, for example.  The people
designing classes and interfaces for the Java classlib are not really
fond of backwards compatibility.

Stefan