gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Gump's History By E-mail from April 2004 to April 2005
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:42:41 GMT
Hi gang,

I said I would do this, didn't I? I'm installing solaris 10 atm, which is
taking ages...

08 Jun 2004: Java Gump is officially retired
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200406.mbox/%3c40C5DA6
3.1050801@jicarilla.org%3e

17 Jun 2004: Adam announces "CleanUp" branch which becomes a big rewrite
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200406.mbox/%3c052301c
4548c$07d216a0$1bb5ea43@sybase.com%3e

25 Jun 2004: Open source Wing IDE licenses help productivity
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200406.mbox/%3c40DBDF6
5.8010304@jicarilla.org%3e

25 Jun 2004 (busy day): Gump starts using JDK 1.5
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200406.mbox/%3c7625409
53.1088155208819.JavaMail.apache@nagoya%3e

08 Jul 2004: We almost move to a java implementation...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200407.mbox/%3c40ED7B1
F.9050602@apache.org%3e

12 Jul 2004: ...instead efforts start to make the code more readable
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200407.mbox/%3c059301c
46846$09ee0610$cb71eb43@sybase.com%3e

22 Jul 2004: Lots of people start throwing out "wild ideas"
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200407.mbox/%3ccdnmj7$
ssr$1@sea.gmane.org%3e

24 Jul 2004: Stefano starts digging into gump
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200407.mbox/%3c4101D03
4.3060205@apache.org%3e

10 Aug 2004: Gump starts reaching out to the "free java" community
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200408.mbox/%3c411813D
A.2070301@apache.org%3e

30 Aug 2004: First signs of gump falling over under development pressure
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200408.mbox/%3c002601c
48e5b$a4b6fb80$1601a8c0@gloria%3e

01 Sep 2004: Gump (sorta) gets NAnt support
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200409.mbox/%3c0a9801c
49044$c38f97c0$6401a8c0@sybase.com%3e

02 Oct 2004: Stefano starts dynagump...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200410.mbox/%3c415F27D
0.9050706@jicarilla.org%3e

03 Oct 2004: ...starts talking about software architecture...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200410.mbox/%3c415F605
1.1050500@apache.org%3e

07 Oct 2004: ...tries to get the tree into a stable state...
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200410.mbox/%3c416546B
3.6060106@apache.org%3e

19 Oct 2004: ...doing "manual nags" aka human-assisted-gump
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200410.mbox/%3c4175209
1.2020203@apache.org%3e

31 Oct 2004: Kaffe's Dalibor Topic gets involved, we start using kaffe
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200410.mbox/%3cloom.20
041031T160900-610@post.gmane.org%3e

26 Nov 2004: gump starts building APR and soon after HTTPD
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200411.mbox/%3cm3sm6xa
tna.fsf@bodewig.bost.de%3e

30 Nov 2004: ...Stefano gets sick of the nagging, we almost turn it off
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200411.mbox/%3c41ACCC5
B.9020307@apache.org%3e

06 Dec 2004: Gump 3.0 is proposed after being discussed at ApacheCon
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200412.mbox/%3c41B4E79
8.8030709@apache.org%3e

28 Dec 2004: Leo starts what will eventually become the "Gump3" branch
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200412.mbox/%3cBDF795E
D.1B4CF%25mail@leosimons.com%3e

26 Feb 2005: Leo presents gump to the "free java" community at Fosdem
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200502.mbox/%3cBE41064
5.1E25B%25mail@leosimons.com%3e

06 Apr 2005: Adam gets to work on "Gump3" branch
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200504.mbox/%3c01eb01c
53abc$ec929820$6501a8c0@sybase.com%3e

I figured I'd keep the amount of stuff from 2005 that I link to a little
limited as its hard to tell right now what will be the important bits,
actually its like that for most of the past year, esp. as I've been more
actively involved with gump recently. That's probably why the list is also
longer than the previous one relative to the period covered, but its also
longer because we've been generating more traffic and more wild ideas
recently. Hey, there might be some connection between the amount of heresy
and the scope of my involvement, who would've thought that :-D

FYI, there's some mailing list statistics at
http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists.html#gump.apache.org
And community statistics at
http://nagoya.apache.org/~stefano/
(bound to be moved somewhere else sometime soon)

Considering the limited number of people on this list, we produce a whole
lot of e-mail :-D

Oh, and a disclaimer might be in order as well. I didn't apply any kind of
procedure in generating these lists. Basically I strolled through the
archive and clicked on stuff I found interesting (based on subject line or
the size of the thread or how much output the solaris installer was
generating at some point in time) and linked to it if I thought others might
find it interesting. That means there's a whole bunch of very important
stuff that's happened not in those lists at all (for example because I found
it kinda boring or very much without controversy).
Don't take it personally ;-)

Oh and finally let's not forget:

18 Jul 2005: gump developers churn out massive amounts of brilliant code
during ApacheCon Europe hackathon
http://www.apachecon.com/2005/EU/html/sessions.html

Whoah. Solaris is actually finished copying files from its 4 cds. That's my
cue.

G'night all!

- LSD