gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml-apis updated
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:24:24 GMT

> This is to be expected - and this is why we had to play with xml-apis
> and bootclasspath and build.sysclasspath in order to get everything
> built under JDK 1.5 or Kaffe (which contain JAXP 1.3 in their version
> of the classlib already).
>
> We probably should add an xml-apis-12 project (either the one from the
> XML pack or the tck-jaxp-1_2_0 branch in xml-commons) and provide this
> to Xalan, Xerces and any other project we detect which won't build
> with JAXP 1.3 yet.

Thanks for doing this (I see the commits). Is there a way we could duplicate
the Xalan project and have one build on 1.2 (that others depend upon) but
have another build upon 1.3 (for reference as folks migrate?)  [Or, do we
merely need to use JDK1.5 or Kaffe for that?]

BTW: Were the JAXP interface changes really 'necessary discontinuities'? Or,
is it just too late for such a discussion topic?

regards,

Adam