gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml-apis updated
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:16:52 GMT
Peter wrote:

> I discovered in last night's local Gump run that XML Commons has been
> updated to require JAXP 1.3, which I didn't have installed locally (just
the
> java-xml-pack as suggested by xml-commons.xml).  Brutus doesn't seem to
run
> at all since Wednesday, but I think it's going to get bitten pretty
severely
> the next time it does since xml-apis is a prereq for Ant.

Thanks for the two heads up Peter, the "Brutus Gump down" and this.

Ok, so perhaps stepping in where angles fear to tread ... I installed
JAXP-1_3 as a package, and edited the jaxp project  (in xml-commons), along
with the package declaration in the gump profile, to reference these new
guys. I'm not comfortable about mixing them in with the rest of the XML
pack, but I guess I'll learn from it.

Looking at the run I've set off some things are not happy, e.g XALAN:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/xml-xalan/xalan/gump_work/build_xml-xalan_xalan.html

but I'm not sure if this is a legit (changed interface) problem, or if I
ought be looking for other updates (to add along with JAXP 1.3). I'll look
into it as I get time.

Amazingly my WISP link is coping w/ the two foot of snow we have up here
this morning, but I'm not sure how long that'll last (or when it'll stop
snowing :-). If I get cut off for a while, and others can figure out what is
occurring, please do help out.

regards,

Adam