gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump3:Dependency.dependencyInfo[]
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:10:59 GMT
> In fact, I'd much prefer the xml to be:
> [...]
> Or rather:
>
>   <project name="a">
>     <depend project="b">
>        <output type="jar" id="basic" runtime="true"/>
>        <output type="jar" id="extension1" runtime="true"/>
>        <output type="native-lib" id="fancy-feature" optional="true"/>
>     </depend>
>   </project>

I'd go for this (although perhaps <artifact not <output) and maybe have more
attributes on the depend element, to avoid repetition (e.g. have runtime
setable there.) That said, I think it really comes down to how much
complexity we want to allow here, or even ... how much is actually needed by
users. Let's at least split out these sub-elements, and work on attributes
in time.

BTW: I suspect 'type' ought be on the declaration, not the dependency,
right? No point duplicating that information, is there?

regards

Adam