gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Project for NightlyBuild
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:08:32 GMT
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does your process handle CVS checkout?

That would be done manually once.

> If so do you just checkout the buildfile or the whole project?

The whole CVS module.

> Do we need to setup the chron, etc. or do you do all of that once we
> provide you the information in the template.

In theory all nightly builds get driven by a single cron job which
gets its information from the templates.

> Where do the resulting jars, etc. get copied to.

>http://brutus.apache.org/~nightlybuild/>

> You ask for the URL to be published to but how do you know which
> files to publish and where they are located?

It copies all *.gz, *.zip, *.bz2 or *.jar files that live in
directories named build or target.  Maybe a bit simplistic 8-)

Hmm, <http://wiki.apache.org/gump/BrutusConfig/NightlyBuild> looks as
if it only copies them when it finds a license and then I think the
license check is broken.  May this be the reason the Excalibur builds
no longer work, Leo?

Stefan