gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using brutus for nightly builds
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:11:07 GMT
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Jim Cummings <jcumming@bea.com> wrote:

> Is this still the case,

It's not really actively maintained at this point.

> I've noticed that Ant seems to be doing its nightly builds this way,
> but I haven't seen other projects actively doing it this way?

Not that way, Ant uses a shell script of its own.

> We do have a few dependencies, like we need to have the Forrest jar
> file in the $ANT_HOME/lib

~/.ant/lib works just as well, that's what we'd prefer to do.

> and also use tomcat 5.x as part of the bundling process when we
> verify the build with unit tests.

If this would require us to install and start Tomcat, I'd be
reluctant.  Maybe we can restrict the build process to creating the
distribution only?

Stefan