gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kaffe] Has the rmic entry point moved?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:35:40 GMT
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

>> The build failure indicates that Ant doesn't find either
>> gnu.java.rmi.rmic.RMIC or kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.
>>
>> Has the class moved/been renamed or have I broken Ant lately?
>
> Thanks for reminding me, Stefan! I've moved them yesterday.

OK, Ant should now know about it.  kaffeh is still there, I hope.

Maybe Steve should have addressed you with his open letter
<http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?publicid=7E29E4A93CCEDA5E46DA7A87D8167168>
as well ;-)

> The code is GPLd in cp-tools which means it needs to be invoked as
> external process, I guess.

We invoke RMIC as external process because it calls System.exit
anyway.  In the Native2Ascii case we invoke main() via reflection
which should be fine.

Stefan