gump-general mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: [Kaffe] Has the rmic entry point moved?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:05:38 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Dalibor Topic <robilad <at> kaffe.org> wrote:
> > Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:
>
> >> The build failure indicates that Ant doesn't find either
> >> gnu.java.rmi.rmic.RMIC or kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.
> >>
> >> Has the class moved/been renamed or have I broken Ant lately?
> >
> > Thanks for reminding me, Stefan! I've moved them yesterday.
>
> OK, Ant should now know about it.  kaffeh is still there, I hope.
>
> Maybe Steve should have addressed you with his open letter
> <http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?publicid=7E29E4A93CCEDA5E46DA7A87D8167168>
> as well

Ah, yes. Guilty on all accounts. :(

I guess the design decision to use 'unofficial' entry points is now set in stone
in ant? I kind of hoped ant would eventually just invoke the scripts/native
code/etc. directly without going through the JVM first. But Steves blog means
that it is pretty unlikely to happen, as that would certainly force a lot of
people to double-check their builds. :(

I'll probably add a tiny tools.jar to shut up ant's 'no tools jar' warning and
make it run javac and rmic fine by default with Kaffe through the com.sun. entry
points from Thomas' java-gcj-compat wrapper.

cheers,
dalibor topic