gump-general mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: [Kaffe] Has the rmic entry point moved?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:23:55 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> we finally had a Kaffe run that got to the point where it tries to
> build log4j or lucene again.  The build failure indicates that Ant
> doesn't find either gnu.java.rmi.rmic.RMIC or kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.
>
> Has the class moved/been renamed or have I broken Ant lately?
>
> Stefan

Thanks for reminding me, Stefan! I've moved them yesterday. I've merged some
more code from GNU Classpath tools project, and replaced our own tools, where
possible to use the commonly maintained ones.

In particular, the entry points for

* serialver (gnu.classpath.tools.serialver.SerialVer)
* rmic (gnu.classpath.tools.rmi.rmic.RMIC)
* native2ascii (gnu.classpath.tools.native2ascii.Native2Ascii)
* javap (gnu.classpath.javap.JavapMain)

have been changed. The code is GPLd in cp-tools which means it needs to be
invoked as external process, I guess.

cheers,
dalibor topic