gump-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CLASSPATH logic is failing on me
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:44:31 GMT

On Mar 15, 2005, at 5:48 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> struts-taglib failed because the velocity jar wasn't there.  I don't
> know whether it actually needs velocity, but it looks that way, so
> I've added that dependency.
>
> The point is, that velocity is on the CLASSPATH but hasn't been built
> because of the log4j-12 failure.  I don't understand why it is there.
>
> Looking at
> <http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/struts/struts-taglib/
> details.html>
> I see velocity on the classpath with "Instigator" (something I'll have
> to look up in a dictionary) Anakia.
>
> But struts-taglib doesn't depend on Anakia, so why can Anakia
> contribute anything to struts-taglib?
>
> Stefan

My bad.  I had wanted to see what would break in avalon-trunk when
using the CVS HEAD of log4j so I dropped the tag modifier from the
logging-log4j-12 descriptor after last nights public run and was going
to reset it before tonight's public run.  Unfortunately, log4j CVS HEAD
has dependencies that weren't in the log4j-12 descriptor which caused
it to fail.  I had considered adding a avalon-trunk.xml file to
gump/project but apparently it had previously been there but had been
deleted and moved to the avalon SVN archive, so I was resurrect it.

However, I don't see why that should break velocity since that now uses
logging-log4j, not logging-log4j-12.  The only things that still use
logging-log4j-12 are the avalon projects.