gump-general mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject gump dependancy on MySQL - is this necessary?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:45:07 GMT
Hi all,

I have been trying to get gump to work on a Solaris v2.8 machine, and have
got stuck with it's dependancy on MySQL.

>From looking at the project descriptors, database use seems to be
optional. When you try and run gump however, the present of mysql python
bindings is mandatory.

For many complex reasons specific to this machine installing the mysql
bindings is turning out to be a difficult exercise, and I would like to
neatly avoid having to install mysql + extras if this can be avoided
entirely.

Is there a way to avoid the dependancy on mysql in gump?

Regards,
Graham