gump-general mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject New Project for NightlyBuild
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:02:32 GMT
To Whom It May Concern:

Our project (MyFaces) was just promoted to top level Apache status.
We're now in the process of upgrading our website and infrastructure.
We'd like to start doing nightly builds and when I started asking
around someone recommended using Brutus.

I've read the Wiki on nightly builds and I'm a little confused.  We're
happy to supply you with a formal request using the template provided
but I think we need a little more information on how to go forward.

I have a few questions such as:

Does your process handle CVS checkout?  If so do you just checkout the
buildfile or the whole project?

Do we need to setup the chron, etc. or do you do all of that once we
provide you the information in the template.

Where do the resulting jars, etc. get copied to.  You ask for the URL
to be published to but how do you know which files to publish and
where they are located?

TIA for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Sean Schofield