gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Killed dozens of processes again
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:45:06 GMT
> Looks as if the JDK 1.5 build also is in a defunct state, I'm looking
> into it.

I've run a couple of test runs on Brutus over the last few days (since I
made tweaks) and was surprised to see how many times a job I put into
background stopped. This never used to happen.

    [1]+  Stopped                 /bin/bash gump.sh all

I pull it forward (fg %1), then send it backwards again (CTRL-Z bg) but it
stops again. Does this indicate that something is trying to read stdin? I
never closed it w/ Gump, but maybe we ought.

BTW: Doesn't cron run a shell w/ a closed stdin? If so, this ought not be a
problem for JDK 1.5, ought it?

Of course, I've only been running Gump (recently) since my file locking
change... which makes me wonder...

regards,

Adam