gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Last public Gump runs used Kaffe
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:16:20 GMT
> * why does Gump use /usr/bin/java instead of $JAVA_HOME/bin/java at all?

Why? Likely 'cos way back when I wrote this, I didn't know that (cross
platforms) this was a standard location. As such , I kinda relied upon the
path.

    self.javaCommand = 'java'

That said, we do have the ability to set this in (say) the gump.sh (if
hacking the Python isn't a preferred idea.)

    # JAVA_CMD can be set (perhaps for JRE verse JDK)
    if os.environ.has_key('JAVA_CMD'):

        self.javaCommand = os.environ['JAVA_CMD']

        self.addInfo('JAVA_CMD environmental variable setting java command
to ' + self.javaCommand )

regards,

Adam