gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kaffe] bootstrap-ant seems to think Kaffe is JDK 1.5
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:55:48 GMT
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:
>

>> ... since optional/condition/IsPingable.java shouldn't be compiled
>> otherwise.
>>
>> Ant checks for the class java.lang.Readable to detect JDK 1.5, has
>> this recently been added to Kaffe?
>
> Yeah, just yesterday. Merge of a few non-generics bits from the
> generics branch within GNU classpath. I guess the
> java.lang.management classes are a safe bet, though :)

So far the only JDK 1.5 feature Ant uses is InetAddress.isReachable.
Do us a favor and implement it ;-)

I'll modify Ant's build file to adapt, but I'd like to keep the
Readable class as marker.  It may be good to revisit each JDK 1.5
feature we add (if we do) to see whether Kaffe can support it.

Stefan