gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: derby build
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:53:59 GMT
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Samuel Andrew McIntyre
<fuzzylogic@nonintuitive.com> wrote:

> The derby build gets past the first split now. The errors in
> derby_split_2, like this one: look like the build is still picking
> up the JDK 1.4 interfaces from somewhere. Any ideas?

Yes.

I modified Ant in December so that build.sysclasspath now also
modifies the bootclasspath.  We need this with JDK 1.5 and Kaffe
builds so that we get Xerces into the forked VMs or Jikes.

In the derby builds it is slashing back at us.  Jikes gets JDK 1.4's
rt.jar as -bootclasspath and thus it comes in front of JDK 1.3's.

The only solution I see is that we define a property in Gump pointing
to JDK 1.3's rt.jar and you add this to the appropriate bootclasspath
attributes.

If you make this new property default to ${empty}, there shouldn't be
any changes to your normal build.  And with build.sysclasspath being
set to last, it will be seen by jikes before JDK 1.4's rt.jar in Gump.

Stefan