gump-general mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylo...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: derby build
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:41:09 GMT

On Jan 26, 2005, at 12:44 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I don't think this is going to work with JDK 1.4's rt.jar on the
> bootclasspath.  We could give it a try, even though
> build.sysclasspath=last is not strictly the Gump way (you can swap in
> your own dependency libs that way).

Well, it didn't work. The current error is:

compile:
     [javac] Compiling 147 source files to
/home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/db-derby/classes
     [javac]
/home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/db-derby/java/engine/org/
apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedConnection.java:89:
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection is not abstract and does not
override abstract method setSavepoint(java.lang.String) in
java.sql.Connection
     [javac] public class EmbedConnection implements java.sql.Connection
     [javac]        ^
     [javac] 1 error

This is what I would expect to see if JDK 1.4's java.sql.Connection is
on the classpath before JDK 1.3's Connection. I would have expected,
though, with build.sysclasspath=last that the JDK 1.3 classes would be
there first.

The other route is to split up the build using the gump_split_*
targets. Is it possible to just add multiple <ant>s underneath the
<project> tag? e.g.:

         <ant target="gump_split_1"/>
         <ant target="gump_split_2">
           <property name="build.sysclasspath" value="last"/>
           <property name="java13compile.classpath"
project="java-runtime-1.3"
                     reference="jarpath"/>
         </ant>
         <ant target="gump_split_3"/>
         <ant target="gump_split_4">
           <property name="build.sysclasspath" value="last"/>
           <property name="java13compile.classpath"
project="java-runtime-1.3"
                     reference="jarpath"/>
         </ant>
         <ant target="gump_split_5"/>
         <ant target="gump_split_6">
           <property name="build.sysclasspath" value="last"/>
           <property name="java13compile.classpath"
project="java-runtime-1.3"
                     reference="jarpath"/>
         </ant>
         <ant target="gump_split_7"/>

Or is it necessary to break it out into separate <project>s?

Thanks for your help,
andrew