gump-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Apologies on administrivia/log4cxx now successfully Gumping
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:52:50 GMT
I'm so glad all that was logged and archived.  Been a long day and I
didn't clue in that the address used in the nags was the mailing list
address.  Thought it was some sort of pun on the military rank like
when General Gump says jump, you jump.

By the way, all of this was brought on by the first successful build
and test of log4cxx on Gump.  logging-log4cxx-ant depends on three
Apache Portable Runtime modules, Cppunit, Ant, Ant-contrib and
Cpptasks.  When I started trying to get up on Gump, it also depended on
Boost-regex to normalize the generated log files (stripping off dates,
etc), however it made life a lot simpler just to have the tests invoke
sed.

I've removed logging-log4cxx-autogen and related projects as the make
build inherited from earlier developers is broken for the BSD's.
Hopefully I can get a volunteer eventually to get that sorted out since
I'm definitely not in my element there.