gump-general mailing list archives

From Samuel Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylo...@nonintuitive.com>
Subject Re: derby build
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 05:54:38 GMT

On Feb 4, 2005, at 7:53 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> The only solution I see is that we define a property in Gump pointing
> to JDK 1.3's rt.jar and you add this to the appropriate bootclasspath
> attributes.
>
> If you make this new property default to ${empty}, there shouldn't be
> any changes to your normal build.  And with build.sysclasspath being
> set to last, it will be seen by jikes before JDK 1.4's rt.jar in Gump.

Actually, in order to prevent Ant from putting the runtime libraries on
jikes' classpath, we currently set the bootclasspath attribute on all
<javac> tasks to ${empty}, which is the location of an empty jar file.
Is this what you mean? e.g.:

<javac
     bootclasspath="${empty}"
</javac>

empty is defined as pointing to tools/java/empty.jar, the empty jar
file. So, do we need to define empty=java-runtime-1.3's jarpath for the
splits that need them (2, 4, and 6)? Or is there more to do than that?

andrew