gump-general mailing list archives

From Peter Janes <pet...@liberate.com>
Subject Re: help please with Gump Forrest
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:34:34 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005, Peter Janes <peterj@liberate.com> wrote:
>
>>The way to fix the build is to use namespacing,
>
> one way, not *the* way.
>
> The other way is to use the xml descriptor instead of the properties
> file as resource in the taskdef.

Ah, I should have left it to the Ant master instead of being all
clever-like. :)  A one-line fix is definitely easier than a maze of twisty
little namespace prefixes.  In my defense, the usage you presented isn't
really made clear in the Ant docs for <taskdef/>, <typedef/> or
<antlib/>--in the first two the examples use .properties files, and I found
the latter confusing--and the ant-contrib website doesn't mention that it
can be used as an antlib at all.

For what it's worth, I like the namespace version: it clearly defines what
is Ant and what isn't.

Peter J.
--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski