gump-general mailing list archives

From Peter Janes <pet...@liberate.com>
Subject Re: help please with Gump Forrest
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:44:13 GMT
> We do have a <depend> entry for "ant-contrib" which provides
> that "for" task, but Gump does not seem to pick it up.
>
> Is our descriptor missing something, e.g. a nested entry for
> the <ant> or something? Sorry, i cannot figure it out.

ant-contrib recently removed the "for" task from the antcontrib.properties
file, so the only way to get it is via antlib.  "for" depends on Ant 1.6,
which also introduced antlibs, so it's a way to enforce that version.  There
were several messages on their cvs list that said "this will break a lot of
builds", but when I last looked they seemed fine with that.

The way to fix the build is to use namespacing, which is also part of 1.6.
First, remove the <taskdef/> that loads the properties file.  Then add a
namespace definition to your <project/> tag...

	<project ... xmlns:antcontrib="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib">

and then use that namespace to prefix all of your ant-contrib tasks...

	<antcontrib:for param="foo">
	</antcontrib:for>

Hope this helps,
Peter J.
--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski