gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven generated descriptors and runtime="true"
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:59:23 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry, the docs aren't very clear on runtime.

Probably so.

<depend project="foo" runtime="true"/>

means "I need foo at runtime, not only at build time".  runtime
defaults to false.

<depend project="foo" inherit="runtime"/>

means I also need to depend on all dependencies of foo, those that foo
has marked as runtime="true".

> so none of the deps are transitive, unless they are given at run
> time?

Yes.

> I guess another alternative is to switch latka to its maven build?

If that helps.  I'm not sure.  We still have a few cases of jelly-tags
builds that passed in the Ant incarnation but fail now that we use
Maven.  I guess - but that's not backed by any facts yet - that the
problem is that CVS dom4j needs Jaxen at runtime, but Maven's junit
plugin ignores Jaxen even if it is on the classpath.

> Anyway, feel free to restore them to the descriptor (just look at
> the last commons.xml cvs history that had jelly),

quite a bit of work since it also happened to the tags.  I'll restore
the ones for jelly and add more to the tags as the need arises.

Cheers

        Stefan