gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: derby build
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:49:23 GMT
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylogic@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> First, many thanks Stephan for cleaning up my attempt at a project
> file for derby!

You're welcome.

> I'll be glad to help get the Derby build going,

Yes, that I'd very much appreciate that.

> It's taken me a while to get subscribed to general@gump due to mail
> client problems on my end.

and still I had to moderate in this mail.  Seems you are using a
different address for sending than you've subscribed with.

> Derby has classes which implement interfaces which changed between
> JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4, such as PreparedStatement, so both versions are
> needed at different times in the build. In Derby's buildfiles, the
> properties j13lib and j14lib are used to reference the different
> versions of the runtime classes to compile against.

By now you can rely on Gump running on JDK 1.4+.  I'm not sure which
version of JDBC Kaffe ships with, though.

Does the build process always build against the different runtime,
even if they are not present at all?  How?  Do you ship with JDBC
interface classes for them?

If so, the solution is to add two new projects to your derby
descriptor with only <jar> elements pointing to those interfaces and
have derby depend on them.

Cheers

        Stefan