gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: derby build
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:04:10 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylogic@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2005, at 3:32 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Is there a work-around for this?  I mean other than "install JDK
>> 1.3's rt.jar somewhere on brutus.apache.org".  If not, well, then
>> we'll just do that.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot think of another workaround. There is no
> substitute for the JDK 1.3 runtime classes in this instance.

OK.

We now do have a JDK 1.3 on brutus as well.

Ideally we'd build everything except the JDBC 2.0 stuff using Gump's
default.  And build the JDBC 2.0 stuff with JDK 1.3's rt.jar on the
bootclasspath.

Is there any sensible split of targets in the build file in order to
achieve that?  Something like splitting it into three projects, the
first builds everything leading up to the JDBC 2.0 build, the second
does only the JDBC 2.0 build and the third does the rest?

Stefan