gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kaffe] current issues
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:22:43 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org> wrote:

>> our major problem seems to be rmic ATM.  I've thrown in an
>> unconditional -verbose when Ant invokes rmic, maybe the verbose
>> output of Kaffe's rmic is going to get us further.
>
> I'm hacking on fixing Classpath's RMIC.

Great.  Maybe running it with -verbose in Gump will help (which should
happen starting with the new build, now that I've repaired the broken
Kaffe/Ant bootstrap).

> It should be finished tonight.

Cool.

>> I've found kaffe.tools.native2ascii.Native2ASCII in Kaffe's CVS and
>> plan to adapt the Ant task to it.
>
> That would be quite cool, but I think I'll simply merge in the
> native2ascii from cp-tools (GNU Classpath tools) project tonight, so
> that you have one less legacy class name to maintain ;)

I'll see, when you are done.  Assuming the two will be command-line
compatible, supporting both of them won't hurt Ant.  There may be
people using released versions of Kaffe ;-)

> Currently, it's the native code kaffeh executable.

Is it compatible to the javah command line?  If not, I can probably
grab the man page from Kaffe's CVS tree.

> I plan to switch to cp-tools javah in java as soon as the merge with
> Classpath is finished (a few weeks).

That might be a third option to support in <javah>.  I'd prefer to
support kaffeh as well, if only for the users of current Kaffe
versions.

Cheers

        Stefan