gump-general mailing list archives

From Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: status of xalan breakage?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:09:12 GMT
Hi, Leo

Thanks for pointing me to a solution for fix the xalan build. However, I
found there is not a "type" attribute for <work>. In order to build
xalan-unbundled.jar with JDK1.4, we need to add
%Xalan-workspace%/build/classes to the boot classpath. (Assume that
build.sysclasspath=only).

Did I miss anything or is there any other solution without changing the
build.sysclasspath setting?

Thanks,

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com>
01/06/2005 06:11 AM

Gump code and data <general@gump.apache.org>
cc
Christine Li/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Subject
Re: status of xalan breakage?

Hi all!

On 04-01-2005 20:00, "Christine Li" <jycli@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To figure out whether build.sysclasspath has been changed recently, I
> found that on the gump main page under How does Gump work[1], it says
> "Note  Gump set's Ant's build.sysclasspath to only and manages the
system
> classpath" . So I was wrong in my previous email, we should keep
> build.sysclasspath=only and add
>  /usr/local/gump/public/workspace/xml-xalan/java/build/classes
>
> to the bootclasspath setting.
>
> Can someone works on Gump correct it? Or if it is something that I can
> change from xml-xalan site, please let me know. Thanks,

Please see

  http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#jar

It sounds like 'type="boot"' needs to be added to the xalan descriptor
somewhere.

Christine, all ASF committers have write access to the gump cvs repository
so you can easily correct it yourself (we *all* work on gump :-D). Simply

  cvs -d $APACHE_REPO co gump -P
  cd gump/project
  $EDITOR xml-xalan.xml # or xml-xalan2, I dunno, there's a file there
  # change the descriptor
  cvs commit -m "useful description goes here"

And that's it!

Best regards,

Leo