gump-general mailing list archives

From Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: status of xalan breakage?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:45:15 GMT
Hi,

I investigated the failed gump build for xml-xalan before I went on
vacation. From the error message, it looks like that there are some
classpath setting issues. I have no objections to your temporary solution
and I would like to collaborate to get this problem resolved as a
developer for xalan.

I have no problem to build Xalan Head with both Sun JDK1.4.0_03 on
Windows2000 (and the nightly ant build) as an independent project. Because
of lack of information about the nightly gump build, I don't know what I
can do at this moment.

Would you please let me know how I can reproduce the failed build?
1. version of JDK
2. jar files on the bootclasspath
3. jar files and classes on classpath, etc.
4. Is there anyway that I can access archive of the gump build?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Original Message from Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com>

>any objections to me doing this?
>
>1) create a xalan-failing project that uses xalan HEAD to build
>2) make the xalan descriptor either package the last release, or build
>from a known-good tag
>3) when xalan-failing starts building again, switch back

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601