gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven generated descriptors and runtime="true"
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:41:35 GMT
> > I didn't quite understand why something would be needed at build
> > time, but not runtime?
>
> Ant or JavaCC, for example.

Right, build != compile - sorry I wasn't thinking straight. These
don't often affect Maven if the plugin is assumed to be installed.

However, doesn't it really make more sense to be the other way around?
These are surely less common?

> I don't understand that either.  They probably sit in the moderation
> queue since commons-dev@jakarta isn't subscribed to itself.

They've gotten through in the past. We should probably change the from
address to general@gump.apache.org and make sure it gets moderated
through, I guess.

> No, the tests [ERROR] out, and I think it is because ouf a
> ClaasNotFoundException for org.jaxen.JaxenException.  It was the last
> time when I checked.

Ok, will take a look when they appear on the main list. I don't have
time tonight anyway.

> OK, swing fails since the tests don't pick up the java.awt.headless
> sysproperty.[1]

Some of these were not actually being built under gump previously I
don't think, hence the reason they fail now and not before :)

- Brett