gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject gump and Maven IDs
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:46:24 GMT
Hi,

http://wiki.apache.org/gump/MavenId

I've started a list of known incompatibilities (by no means
incomplete), listed my understanding of the problem, and potential
solutions.

Essentially, the core of the problem is that gump descriptors use the
definition of a project inconsistently. eg. asm is one project with
multiple jars; commons-jelly is multiple projects with one jar each.
These otherwise are the same, so the gump descriptors should be
defined the same way - and either way is possible with Maven and Ant
(though both may require changes to some projects to do it).

I think the latter is better, and have listed the reasons in the wiki
entry (in particular, the ability to isolate breakages). I think the
best solution is actually to change the way gump does the descriptors
(also explained on the page).

Any thoughts on what the best path is?

Cheers,
Brett