gump-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status of xalan breakage?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:05:07 GMT
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:45:15 -0500, Christine Li <jycli@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I investigated the failed gump build for xml-xalan before I went on
> vacation. From the error message, it looks like that there are some
> classpath setting issues. I have no objections to your temporary solution
> and I would like to collaborate to get this problem resolved as a
> developer for xalan.
>
> I have no problem to build Xalan Head with both Sun JDK1.4.0_03 on
> Windows2000 (and the nightly ant build) as an independent project. Because
> of lack of information about the nightly gump build, I don't know what I
> can do at this moment.
>
> Would you please let me know how I can reproduce the failed build?
> 1. version of JDK

See:
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/index.html

> 2. jar files on the bootclasspath
> 3. jar files and classes on classpath, etc.

See:
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/xml-xalan/xalan/details.html

> 4. Is there anyway that I can access archive of the gump build?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Might be worth adding some debugging to the build.xml file - e.g.
directory listings etc. The classpath includes
/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/xml-xalan/java/build/classes - but
does that have the correct classes in it? And/or does the source file
for org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl have the correct
method in it - perhaps a source code fetch went wrong.

It looks to me as if there may be a problem with the classes produced
by the xml.compile target, as this should be providing the missing
classes.

You could try adding a "clean" target to the gump build which deleted
all the build output. Or perhaps modify one or more of the files in
the xml.compile section to check that they are being processed - the
last few runs have not shown any compiles in that section.

Might be worth switching on some debug/trace (dunno how) to see what
ant and/or javac is processing.

HTH.