gump-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Avalon failure
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:20:57 GMT

Hi,

I just want to let everyone know that DPML switched its DNS service to our own
management, and now pointing to our own servers, instead of the ibiblio.org
one, and in the process, we didn't feel we needed to maintain the artifact
repository that the Merlin testcases are using.

In fact, we knew that someone (now apparent) was still using the old location,
and wanted to redirect them over to the new one. But in this case, the source
files to do that are in a locked Subversion repository.

The change comprises
  http://www.dpml.net
in a couple of places to be changed to
  http://repository.dpml.net

If someone can provide me with a template on the directory by directory
redirect/rewrite/"external fetch" or whatever it is called, so that;

GET http://www.dpml.net/avalon

does a

GET http://repository.dpml.net/avalon

but ONLY for '/avalon' and subdirs.

and some rudimentary instructions, I can put that into the new server.

Otherwise, Gump folks have to figure out how to deal with the situation;
1. Disable the testcases for the affected projects.
2. Get the access into the source and change it.
3. Close the building of these projects, and package them if necessary.
4. Other?

Cheers
Niclas