gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why did Commons Resources fail?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:43:16 GMT
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:

> The Commons Resources build appears to have failed
> spontaneously. I've looked at the Gump logs, and am confused as to
> what happened. The log says it ran 'maven --offline jar', which
> works just fine when I run it. The tests appear to have failed, but
> I can't see why that would be the case.

I've zipped up the latest test reports, they may help you
<http://brutus.apache.org/~bodewig/resources.zip>.

Looks like this one, which also is causing trouble in the FOP builds.
So far I've failed to understand what is going on:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You
have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
(Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.
 You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not
allowed.) (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'
visible, which is not allowed.))
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:554)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:408)
        at org.apache.commons.resources.impl.JDBCResources.<clinit>(JDBCResources.java:86)
        ... 41 more

Stefan