gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting new Apollo and Muse projects integrated into Gump
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:17:15 GMT
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Both projects have Maven-based builds.  I've generated Gump
>> > project descriptors using the Maven gump plugin
>>
>> This shouldn't be necessary
>
> The Maven gump plugin generates a <maven/> element now.

I didn't know that.  Great.

> If for any reason it is not doing a good enough job, I'm happy to
> accept JIRA issues for the next release.

Taking
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/apollo/trunk/gump.xml> as
an example (I didn't notice it had a <maven> tag before you said so) I
see two problems to start with

* <cvs> is broken.  Should be
  <svn repository="apache-incubator-svn" dir="apollo/trunk"/>.

* Project name mappings are bogus (jakarta-ant, jakarta-log4j,
  xml-axis).

>> Ant plugin (at least commonly used versions) are rather broken in
>> my experience.
>
> The ant plugin does as good a job as it can do without
> reimplementing the entirety of Maven in ant. It's not broken, just
> not complete.

The versions I refered to are those that create absolute machine
specific paths in properties so that the build file won't work on any
other machine.  I know it has been fixed, but still quite a few people
use older versions 8-)

Stefan