gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [revelation!!] circular dependencies do NOT exist!
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:26:45 GMT
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> Until today, i thought that no matter how well maintained, a
> dependency graph would always be a general graph, and cycles would
> develop, sooner of later (it is still amazing that gump reached 750
> projects without explicit circular dependencies).

Because we've already used the time-travel approach to break them in a
couple of places

packaged-dom4j -> jaxen-from-packaged-dom4j -> dom4j -> jaxen

and

packaged-jcs -> bootstrap-ojb -> jcs -> db-ojb

(hmm, the later used to be the case, but right now I don't see any
difference between bootstrap-ojb and db-ojb anymore)

Stefan