gump-general mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: Kaffe/Jikes builds
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:59:53 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

Hallo Stefan,

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Dalibor Topic <robilad <at> kaffe.org> wrote:
>
> > the Xalan failure looks a bit bizarre, as I'd expect it to actually
> > use the org.w3c classes from xml-apis.jar.
>
> Which it seems to do in the JDK 1.5 builds (otherwise it would have
> the same problems there as well).
>
> We use -Xbootclasspath for xml-apis to ensure our version gets used,
> maybe this doesn't work for Kaffe?  Or just not using Jikes?  I'll
> probably need some -verbose output to be sure.

I'll give it a look later, too.

> > Beside the lacking methods in class library, the major thing that
> > kills builds seems to be an oddity in jikes. See
> > http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/jakarta-commons/commons-lang/gump_work/
> > build_jakarta-commons_commons-lang.html for an example:
>
> Why don't I see any result pages on brutus ATM?  Ahh, the last Ant
> build took more than an hour and was killed.  Any idea why?

It seems to be some issue with hanging processes, I'll try to merge in the
process implementation from GNU Classpath into Kaffe to see how well that works.

> Maybe turning off -deprecated will help.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

> > This
> > http://brutus.apache.org/gump/kaffe/cpptasks/ant-contrib-cpptasks/gump_work/
> > build_cpptasks_ant-contrib-cpptasks.html
>
> Page is not there, but any Ant build will certainly need some kind of
> XML parser.  I'll add Xerces.

Sorry about that, I had to split the URLs because the gmane web posting HTML
widget hates lines longer than 80 chars ...

cheers,
dalibor topic