gump-general mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Gump 3.0 - Database Model
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:36:16 GMT
Just catching up on my email after being gone for a week.  One thing that
strikes me about the project id's is that this seems to continue the same
discussion we have had in the past about maven generated project id's versus
the gump project id's...

Do the project id's have to have meaning?  While it's nice to look at a
project id and pick out some data, like the version and the timestamp or
what not, eventually gump will run into another project where the id's mean
something different and are generated differently.  I don't mind a project
id like "787234" that I then look up and find out is what ever specific
meaning it has.  Like version, or host, or whatnot.   I think that when we
establish project naming conventions we'll run into conflicts with how other
projects name themselves....