gump-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Picking up the ball from Niclas (ugh!) on Velocity
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:42:53 GMT

On 2004-11-30 11:19:33, Eric Pugh wrote:

 > Now, partly that may be a communication thing..  If Log4j fails, they get
 > emailed.  If log4j breaks every body else, they don't...  Without active
 > involvement by a group, the prospect of keeping things working becomes a
 > thankless task (witness Niclas's frustration).   I thought "hey, I'll try
 > and help" and ran into, in an hour, the same frustration Niclas sees..  I am
 > not a committer (or even involved beyond the occasional email) with Log4j or
 > Velocity, so who do I got to prod for action?

This reminds me of a joke.

A bloke with rather unusual sexual abilities is invited to give a
public demonstration. A large crowd gathers in an arena while the
bloke does it with 1, then 2, then 3 consenting adults of the opposite
sex. The crowd begins to chant 10, 11, .., 95. At the 96th the bloke
gets tired. He makes a last ditch effort, 97 ... 98.

The crowd falls silent, and he makes it to 99. The 100th is too much
for our bloke, who gives up. The crowd erupts yelling "Homosexual,
Homesexual."

If at the slightest sign of breakage you are going to blame people for
being unfriendly or obtuse, Gump will not succeed in bringing people
closer together.

--
Ceki Gülcü

  The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/eclm