gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello Gump
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:22:30 GMT

> The behavior is as you specified, if the build fails the first time due to
> prereq you get a notice, after that you don't until  the build passes.
> However, when a basic prereq like commons-lang or ant or xml parser
failes,
> and then fixes, it causes a storm of spam messages.   On the turbine dev
> list, if this happens we get 20 emails, one per fulcurm component.  Which
is
> very annoying and causes people just to filter gump messages.
>
> At least in the fulcurm case, we don't care if a prereq failed and then
> successed..  We do care ONLY when we succeed/fail.

I don't understand why this is happening, 'cos it was never intended to. I
say we stop "success notifications" (reverting just to failure
notifications) until we figure it out; the good will of one success is not
worth the bad of spam. I'll commit that now, and work on fixing it as I get
time.

regards,

Adam