gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: gump/project lenya.xml
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:24:57 GMT
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> bodewig@apache.org wrote:

>>   This is a very strange way to ship tasks IMHO
>
> just curious, what would be a better way? lenya copied it from
> cocoon, I think.

Have cocoon build it and provide it as a jar.  Something like a
cocoon-xconftool project that both cocoon and lenya depend on.

Shipping a class file in CVS is as good or bad as keeping the jars
there - and I'm in the "no jars in CVS" camp.  No religious debate,
please.

Things may be even worse for class files if nobody knows about their
origin.  class files for classes in the default package are probably
the worst of all.

Cheers

        Stefan